Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 week 1

2011's NaNoWriMo has thus far been disastrous. In the first week, I was only able to get 2,329 words. The only bright spot is that I learned how to use Scrivener, and found it to be very good for writing.

The distractions have been numerous, including the fact that my OrcSports server needs a pretty major part of it (the simulation) translated from VB to C# in order to continue working with the new web host, and I'd really like it to continue working so I don't lose all my players. I've also admittedly been playing Everquest II instead of writing, and need to spend far less time doing that. There are other distractions and excuses, but really if I want to reach 50,000 words by the end of the month, I have to change some habits and get to writing.

No comments: