Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2011 Top Ten Books

I went through 2011's books and selected ten that I would recommend. Note: these are books I read (or listened to - many were audiobooks) in 2011, not books that were published in 2011.

10. Haiku
9. Paul is Undead
8. The Return of the King
7. The Dark Volume
6. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
5. Redwall
4. The Kite Runner
3. The Terror
2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
1. The Pillars of the Earth

I did it countdown-style which implies I believe "The Pillars of the Earth" to be the best of the bunch, though depending on the day any of several others could slide up to that top spot. They're all good, though.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Going back through my "star" ratings on these, it would seem at the time I thought Redwall, The Terror and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo were highest-rated, and The Dark Volume shouldn't have made the cut.

Ah, forgetfulness. You allow me to enjoy a story more than once. :-D