Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 - day five

It's day 5 of NaNoWriMo and I'm just on par with 8,346 words of a new story that is going absolutely nowhere as of today. I'm not crazy about the main character, and have put him in a boring situation that I need to somehow drag him out of.

The thing is, I thought it was going pretty good yesterday when I caught up to the words I needed after not writing on Saturday (opting instead to attend a birthday party), and the character got himself a personality. The trouble is, I think I'm going to have to take that personality away from him and give him another one. Yeah, yeah, the obvious schizophrenic route presents itself, but I don't think I like it. I think the personality and the actions he's taking on now are just going to be short-lived is all. A change is coming. That is, if I can motivate myself to push the story ahead more. We'll see.

1 comment:

Brett said...

I woke up realizing what I didn't like about my main character. I hope to fix it today.