Sunday, June 5, 2011

Scribophile and "Following the First Star"

"Following the First Star" is the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo 2010. I have recently been working on a second draft of it. I actually made a change where what was chapter 1 and chapter 2 before is now the prologue. The unfortunate side effect is that now the prologue is 6,000+ words long! (I'm still actually debating on whether it is a good idea or not.)

Scribophile is a web-based forum where writers can post work for others to critique. In order to post something for critique, you have to critique other people's work to earn 5 Karma points (or become a paying member of the site, but we all know how cheap I am).

You can see where this is going. I posted the first HALF of the prologue of "Following the First Star" - essentially what was originally Chapter 1 - to Scribophile. I have so far gotten one reviewer suggesting I look again at the point of view I used. This is mildly humorous since a review I did recently talked about having difficulty establishing the point of view of someone else's story.

Anyway, this is a new experiment. I've seen some good reviews on Scribophile, and am hoping I get some decent feedback from there.

No comments: