Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scribophile and "Following the First Star" part 2

Overnight I received two more critiques of what I posted to Scribophile. The first of the two HATED the piece but offered several legitimate criticisms. My answer back was that it was about time someone hated my writing! He acknowledged that his critique might have been a bit harsh (it was). But it is nice to get critical feedback from someone I don't know and who isn't afraid to point out things that are wrong. This same user then critiqued something that I had written a critique for, and immediately contradicted two things I mentioned. It's a bit frustrating, but shouldn't change how I use the site. I am interested in getting my work out there among folks who can help me improve.

The second overnight reviewer was far friendlier and also had a lot of good criticisms, done in a far more positive light.

The question now becomes: how do I manage making changes to my story based on this feedback? Since I don't really work well on-screen - strange I know since I do that for my job - I'd like to print out their critiques, but that would be 32 pages long! (And would need to be in color, I think.) I might be able to pull something together through Word's "compare documents" feature.

No comments: