Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013 Starting

I'm off to a slow start this year. I'm writing the sequel to Following the First Star, and have quite a few notes on the current state of the world, but I still don't have a clear idea of where I'm going from here. After re-reading it, I skimmed it again up to a scene in the second part of the book, then read more closely after that. It was funny that I had plans for a certain character only to find that character died in the first book! Whoops.

I went to the kickoff on Halloween night, where we got to hang around and mingle, then start writing all at once at midnight. It was pretty cool to transition from a party-like atmosphere to a bunch of people quietly typing away on keyboards, and one jerk listening to music on headphones loud enough that all around could hear it. I only got a few hundred words that first night because I hadn't gotten enough sleep all week due to work. Today is day two, and I am about to start writing for the day now (4 PM).

Here goes!

No comments: