Monday, December 2, 2013

Extending NaNo 2013: December 2

Yes, I know the event ended two days ago, but I'm still going. I got another 1,200 or so words in on A Sky of Stars today adding one scene and tweaking another. Two scenes to go! (And maybe an epilogue.) All told, I probably have another 4,500 words to go, which would put me at 59,000 for this first draft. I'm still trying to finish the story before Friday.

Following the First Star (the book to which A Sky of Stars is the sequel) has about 55,000 words, but it really glosses over the details at the end. There's a lot of room to expand it. I'm not entirely sure where the expansion will happen with the sequel. I'll have to let that digest a while. I may not have the break point between book one and two exactly right, too. It remains to be seen! (No pun intended.)

No comments: