Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Making A Literary Life - reading

Finished "Making a Literary Life - Advice for Writers and Other Dreamers" by Carolyn See. This book came recommended by way of one of the writing lists I'm on, and fittingly so since it deals with writing and creativity. The author shares stories from her life and how she created a literary life for herself. She encourages writing 1,000 words a day, writing charming notes, and several other tips. The author is funny, though sometimes that humor seems a bit stretched. It might have been me as I read it. But overall, she does a great job of getting her point across. Ultimately I'm not about to book a trip to New York City to see what writing gigs I can score, but there was still a lot in this book that I can apply to my own writing life.

No comments: