Thursday, December 10, 2009

Critique Me

Does anyone have an interest in critiquing my 2008 NaNo first draft? I need some critical feedback on it. I would classify initial feedback as "good, but really biased." If you're not sure what I mean, read what I've been told and by whom:

My mom wrote, "Wow! I just finished all 77 pages. It really held my attention. [...] Did you give it a title? I can see it turned into a film. Compelling."

Shelly (mother of two of my kids) wrote, "Very good! Kept me reading til the end. I couldn't stop reading it once I started...geesh."

Shelly also said a few more critical things about pacing and some story content, so it's not like it's all praise. My intent is to take it to a second draft next. To get there, I need to know what's wrong with it, what's right with it, and what needs to happen to make it better.

No comments: