Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Where From Here?

In general, I'm more satisfied with the story I wrote last year for NaNo, even though it's around 10k words shorter than what I wrote this year. This year's story just isn't quite what I would think of as finished, even as a first draft. I mean, it does tell the whole story, but the climax is dull and lifeless at this point, and my style of writing changes midway through. The dull climax problem is an issue to fix in the first draft. The writing style changes will be addressed in the second.

So what do I do? I am looking for people to give me comments on my story from last year, and I'll take a shot at a second draft of it when I hear back. In the meantime, I'd like to work on putting some more detail and action into the climax of this year's story. I don't like the fact that I haven't written anything in nearly two weeks. With the pressure of NaNoWriMo gone, I haven't set aside time like I did in November. Even an hour a day would be a huge step forward for me. I could probably get another 20,000 words a month written if I did that.

That sounds like a goal. Hmm...

No comments: