Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNo 2009 Day Four

Today was rough. I didn't like the way two of my characters were introduced to each other, or the interaction between them after that, so I decided to sin against NaNoWriMo and rewrite part of it. I basically had to address a 2,500 word section of prose and change it around enough so that the introduction of the two characters made sense. That meant that all the interaction between them after that had to be changed as well, though the changes weren't as indepth as I thought they were going to be. At the end, I had exactly 30 more words than before, and the passage made far more sense then.

After that, I was able to add some new content to the story, and embellish a few places that were lacking. All in all, I was still shy of my goal for today, which was 13,333 (par for day 8 of NaNo), but I'm happy with where I am.

November 4:
Words today: 2,381 (net, though there were far more in the reworking effort)
Words total: 13,013

No comments: