Friday, November 27, 2009

NaNo Day 27

I honestly don't remember two days ago. It was apparently a decent writing day.

Yesterday, while Thanksgiving stuff was cooking, I reread much of what I have already written, doing some continuity checking of my story. Much of it was good. I fixed a couple oversights and fixed one place where I accidentally mistook one character for another and used the wrong name for a while. Everything seems to be back together now, and more cohesive. I realize this is all in the category of "editing" and is therefore bad during NaNo, but I needed to do it to move forward.

Today after returning from a painting excursion, I put all the pieces together and mapped out not only where everything is, but where it is going and how it reaches its eventual conclusion. The good news is that everything seems to fit well with my last revised outline. The bad news is that it looks like it will take another thirteen sections (many of them may be short) to get there! At the start of NaNo, I was writing one section a day or so. Section 18 ended up being five-and-a-half times longer than a normal section at 22 pages in length. That's about 23 sections written. To have another 13 or MORE to go is seriously daunting!

What all this review and planning means is very few new words in the last couple days, but really, I think it is worth it.

November 25:
Words today: 2,394
Words total: 55,449

November 26:
Words today: 463
Words total: 55,912

November 27:
Words today: 507
Words total: 56,419

No comments: