Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Notes of the night

I just noticed that italics don't paste well into here. That's too bad. Many of the visions were done in italics to set them apart, but I guess you don't know that by reading here. No, I'm not going to go back and fix them.

So as it figures today, I was all gung-ho about writing right after I got the outline done. Then I had to set it aside and do work stuff. After work, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple things (fresh veggies, mostly). When I got home, I set up the crock pot for tomorrow, and then made spaghetti for tonight. Of course, after all that, I was no longer in the mood to write. I think it actually shows in my writing for today somewhat. I mean, I got the word count, and I got the main ideas across, but I feel like it lacks a certain style. I'm sure you could argue that most of my writing lacks a certain style, but hey - this is my first time. Be gentle. ;-)

Anyway, after a while, I started to get into it again, and then challenged myself on the word count. At first, it was 2000 words to describe the first point in my outline. Then it was breaking 42,500 words. After that, it was breaking 43,334 words (one-third of 10,000 on top of the approximately 40,000 words I had). I made that goal and my fingers complained about being tired. What better excuse to type up a long explanation on today's writing!

No comments: