Friday, November 21, 2008

What I have, what I need

I have my climactic scene written (post 26), and am moving towards denouement. I know several of the things I want to cover in the denouement. The trouble is, I haven't quite decided the full transition from where I am to start that process. I don't want to challenge the suspension of disbelief (I'm not sure how valid that concern is given that my story deals with dead spirits being bound to living people), so I want to tread carefully here. I also don't want things to slip through the cracks, like my ill-fated liquor store robbery story arc. Now there's a couple hundred words I owe. Given that I'm only 400 words away from the 50,000 goal, I don't think there's much risk of not making up for that. I should even have some time to go back and adjust that part of the story to remove the text about it. I'll post it here when I do it, even if it will appear out of order.

I'm actually quite surprised that what I wrote here largely falls right in order of how it appears in my document. The only thing I wrote out-of-order is Post 1. I wrote Post 2 first, then post 1, but they made more sense in the order they are posted. They were largely written on the same day.

The final reason I'm posting this is so that the first words of Post 26 aren't the first thing on the blog, since they give something away for people who aren't caught up reading here. Not that I expect there are a lot of people reading this blog, but there are a couple.

No comments: