Sunday, November 14, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 day 14

As expected, today sucked:
Woke up
-> breakfast
-> horse rescue
-> lunch
-> care of our horse
-> grocery shopping
-> came home and put groceries away
-> felt sick, possibly from lunch and possibly from dehydration

I lay down for a little while watching the second quarter of a football game (Patriots vs. Steelers), waiting for the uncomfortable feelings to pass. They did, eventually, and I returned to the computer around 9 PM. When I started looking at where I was and where I was going, I realized I needed a timeline to bind things together. As is common with NaNoWriMo, I was writing by the seat of my pants. Before things got too convoluted, though, I went back through what I had written and scribbled notes on Post-It notes, putting a crude timeline in order.

The timeline now spans 67 days, and I am writing the events that happen on day 69 or so, when a few threads come together. It really helped me to put the pieces together in a way that kindof makes sense. With that said, today got me 2,138 new words, for a total of 37,206 words. What's more, it looks like my original fifteen-sentence outline is still holding, despite having introduced the unexpected character a couple days ago. I am currently working on what happens between sentences seven and eight, though sentence nine is already underway. It's just happening sooner than I expected when I wrote the as-yet-unrevised fifteen-sentence version of the story on the first of the month.

Now I'm tired.

1 comment:

Brett said...

The post time is weird on this post. I finished writing it at 12:03 AM, but wanted it to show up on the 14th. I scheduled it for 11:50 on the 14th, but it didn't post. I changed it to 10:50 and it posted. Close enough.