Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 day 9

As I posted to Facebook just now:

I passed the halfway point in my #nanowrimo story. I'm angry with one of my characters. He did what I wanted him to, but he was more brutal than I expected. And he enjoyed it.

My word count is 26,427 - that's 3,305 new words today. And while I did say I passed the halfway point, that really just applies to the 50,000 words needed to "win" NaNoWriMo. I think the story itself will be longer than that. On the other hand, my stories have this annoying habit of coming to an abrupt end. As to the fifteen-sentence summary, I'm firmly on sentence four now.

I think I need to stop for the day, though, and think about what just happened, and where I want to take things from here. My main characters are pissed off and ready for blood. Why not? After all, the antagonist just had some.

No comments: