Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 day 28

The "something" I wrote about in the post about yesterday's writing wanted to change today. I ended up adding 1,246 words to chapter one to make it feel a little more integrated. And here I thought I was done with chapter one. No such luck.

Chapter two eluded me for quite some time. I wrote out a list of future events that needed to be included, and tried to section them off, but the step between the end of chapter one and the first "next step" was a maddening empty space. I hammered on this for a little while and came up with what I think is a decent 300-word sketch of the chapter (these words don't count towards my total for the day). Now I have to write it out, so that I can get to the rest of the events.

At the end of the day, I added 2,215 words, with a little more than half of these going into chapter one. I'm not entirely happy with chapter two as it is right now, but at least it is something to bridge the gap. Current total word count: 55,481.

No comments: