Friday, November 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 day 5

I wrote more in the morning today than I have any other day during this year's NaNoWriMo. The trouble is, once it was time to feed the horse (about 2:00), I just stopped and didn't go back. I still added 3,752 words, so I'm up to 16,129 words.

If you saw my three five-sentence paragraph outline (no, it wasn't publicly available), I'm currently between sentence two and three of the first paragraph. It felt like work bringing the story here in an entertaining way, mostly because I was looking forward to getting here and writing this part. While I was feeding the horse, I thought of an addition to this part that made me laugh out loud. The horse probably thinks I'm weird.

On the down side, I'm having second thoughts about some of the stuff I've already written. It feels like I'm spelling things out too much for the reader. Then again, I always think that way when I write.

2 comments:

Chance said...

Write, Write, Write! Don't worry about spelling things out too much, that is what editing is for!

Chance said...

Oh, and keep up the good job!