Monday, November 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 day 8

A surprising ally is revealed to the main characters. However, this ally has a price that the protagonists must pay before they can return to their journey. Since the ally has the jailer's ear, they had better do as he asks!

I probably wrote for about two hours today, adding 2,694 new words (22.45 words per minute if you're keeping track, which is a little faster than yesterday but still slow). That brings my total word count up to 23,122. Story progress is quite slow right now. I find myself having to think through all the different things that I am having happen in the story, and the writing flow is somewhat forced. I am anxious to get the main characters underway, but at the same time, the delay in their progress is necessary for future developments that I have mapped out.

No comments: